Glazed ceramic tiles or glass tiles are nonporous surfaces that can easily be wiped down. They are great assets to any kitchen or bathroom and since they don’t attract pollen, dander, dust, or dirt, they are very beneficial to your home. When you opt to have tile installed in your home, you want to make sure the tile work is done by a professional team who will make sure the tiles are securely installed. Home Quality Remodeling has extensive experience in handling tile work.
Benefits of Tile
There are many benefits to having tile put in your home. Here are just a few of those:
- • Waterproof – Glazed ceramic and porcelain tiles are waterproof, so they are great for use in the areas of a home subjected to water, such as the kitchen and bathroom. A shower surround, backsplash, wall covering, or flooring is a great way to avoid water damage to any structural elements that are underneath.
- • Hypoallergenic – Many tile materials are from natural sources, such as ceramic or stone, so they don’t emit any volatile organic scents, which could cause allergies to flare in some individuals. Some synthetic options might trigger allergies. Nonporous tiles that can easily be wiped down don’t attract or maintain dust, pollen, and other allergens. These features make tile also more resistant to mildew, bacteria and mold.
- • Durability – If a wall or floor has synthetic material covering it, then the odds of it being damaged increase. Dragging furniture across the floor or a child with a marker can leave lasting marks. Tiles can be chipped or cracked if a heavy object falls on them, but damaged tiles can easily be replaced without bothering the remaining tiles that aren’t damaged. It takes much more to cause lasting damage to tile. It is more durable and resilient.
- • Easy Cleaning – You don’t want to have to spend a lot of time cleaning. Synthetic materials require a lot of attention and you must be cautious about the chemicals you use to clean anything synthetic. Tile is easier to clean because you can scrub it vigorously using any chemical.
- • Flexible Designs – Tile comes in hundreds of patterns, shapes, sizes, colors, and styles, so you can find the right tile for your project. It can also fit into any room or shape design that you might come up with.
- • Customizable Options – Tile is available in a variety of options, so you can get whatever you envision. We can help you with everything from classic tile like you see in many kitchens or bathrooms to a high-end luxury tile that makes your home stand out. We can help you with an affordable tile for every budget and every taste in style.
Kinds of Tile
As your San Jose tile experts with two decades of experience, we can help you determine which kind of tile will work best for your specific needs. Here are the different kinds of tile available for your projects:
- • Glazed porcelain
- • Ceramic
- • Glass
- • Natural stone
Tile Selection Tips
When it comes to choosing the right San Jose tile, we can help you with your options. You will need to consider the space and think about how much wear and tear the tile will face. Of course, a major traffic flow area might need a different material than a room that only sees minimal foot traffic. Consider if the people in the room will be wearing shoes or socks, if the tile will get wet, and what surfaces you will be having covered. Call Home Quality Remodeling at (925) 349-6084 today to learn more about how we can help you with your San Jose tile needs.